Friday, October 19, 2012

Kayla Kromer: Geekdom Rules in Design


Hello Gentle Readers!



A while back in one of our Top Ten lists we featured the awesome Hamburger Bed made by Kayla Kromer. It's an inventive bed made to look like a Hamburger (as if the name didn't suggest that right?). I've been on the look out for more awesome creations by Kayla and I stumbled upon two today!

I just had to share with the world. I'm impressed by Kayla's design sense and her utter geektasticness. So let me show you what I found.



First, the Millennium Falcon Bed! Yes, for you Star Wars fans out there, Kayla created a bed made to look like Han Solo's Millennium Falcon. Complete with pillows and lights that make you look like your flying through space while you sleep. It actually looks pretty comfy too!



The bed features two LED lights, blue rope lights around the bottom, map covered interior sheets, smuggler compartments to hide your … well anything and the cockpit even has room to hold your Star Wars action figures. You get to pick who drives your dreams at night!



I also found this incredible Rooster Teeth Couch that Kayla made for RoosterTeeth.com! Opens with a remote! I don't have much more information on this piece but we certainly love Kayla's style here at WFB.

I hope you enjoy Kayla's work as much as I do!

Happy Designing!
-Ginni

Sources:

ps. What do you think of Kayla's creations? Hit us up in the comments!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love 'em all! My son would die if he were awake to see the Millenium Falcon Bed! I'll have to show him in the morning. :D